With all my respect to the Ancestors I publish here the traditional code of ethics of the Chen family lineage.
The Martial Arts technique can be fully studied, but without achieving the things in the heart you will be always
in the beginning of your training.
20th generation Chen family, disciple of Grandmaster Chen Xiaowang
Duan: Propriety, dignity of bearing
Gong: Fairness, impartiality
Ren: Kindness, benevolence
Hao: Nobility, broad mindedness
Zhong: Loyalty, faithfulness
Cheng: Honesty, sincerity
Jing: Respect, esteem for one's teachers and elders
Zheng: Integrity, decency
Ji: Righteousness, what is right
Yong: Bravery, ready to fight for a just cause
Xin: Trustworthiness, good faith
De: Morality, ethical conduct
1. Do not assert authority at the expense of others.
2. Do not be cowed by aggression and do not suppress others.
3. Do not fear for oneself, come to the aid of others in danger.
4. Do not break the law.
5. Do not use martial arts for inappropriate purpose.
6. Do not take advantage of your status to become arrogant.
7. Do not display your skills in an inappropriate setting.
8. Do not seek out dubious companions.
9. Do not wallow in luxury, or live a pauper's existence.
10. Do not be prideful or boastful.
11. Do not get into arguments with a crazy or violent person.
12. Do not argue with the ignorant.
13. Do not be influenced by others based on their possessions.
14. Do not covet illicit wealth.
15. Do not indulge in substance abuse or lust.
16. Do not refuse to pay any public or private obligations.
17. Do not use public office for personal ends.
18. Do not be seduced by power.
19. Do not be a traitor.
20. Do not neglect your training.